2/27/2010 - Alierak - server & website
- The end of MudNet is fast approaching, for a number of reasons.
Our colo provider is going out of business (we owe a big thanks to
Alex at Yakshavers for I think about 4 years of free hosting, and
to TERC and MIT before that). It's been years since anyone has
worked on MudNet, the team has all but disbanded, and I haven't
really done anything MU*-related in several years anyway.
I'll keep parts of the website and email service going on a
temporary webhost, but MudNet will disconnect on 3/14. Bye, folks.
3/01/2003 - Alierak - website
- I've added a web version of the
updated every 15 minutes.
2/16/2003 - Alierak - server & website
- I've separated ANSI support from MUSH type, so you can now select
some details of how ANSI is translated for your world -- see the
install form for more.
2/13/2003 - Alierak - server
- Hellspawn, Javelin, and I tracked down a PennMUSH 1.7.6p6 problem
that prevented MudNet from staying connected to some worlds. The bot
can now gracefully handle receiving a NUL (ascii 0), and PennMUSH
will no longer send them in 1.7.6p7. PennMUSH 1.7.7p8 was not affected.
8/24/2002 - Alierak - server
- Yay, the new UPS is installed, providing about 38 minutes of backup
power for the entire machine room where mudnet.org lives. More details
6/16/2002 - Alierak - server
- We've been experiencing power problems for the last week since our
UPS went bad (damn, at 310 days of uptime too). We will probably
continue to see random reboots for the next couple of weeks while we
wait for a new UPS to be delivered and new circuits installed by an
electrician. MudNet is automatically started when power is restored,
so there is no need to inform us of these outages.